Friday, March 6, 2009

Please take care of me...


Friends,
I just had to share with you the sweetness of my daughter, Brianna. Brianna is suffering with a pretty nasty head cold right now. It started off as a sore, scratchy throat earlier in the week, and finally, last night it progressed to a nasty runny nose. As I came into my bedroom at 11:30 PM, I noticed something on my bed. When I turned on the light, I saw "Hippie" sitting there with a note attached to him. The note read: "Please take care of Hippie for me while I am sick. From, Brianna. To Mom and Dad."
I was overwhelmed with her sweetness and concern for her little hippo that she felt she should give him to us for the duration of her illness. I am letting her sleep in a little this morning, and Hippie has been petted and fed.
Blessings...

4 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

oh my gracious! how precious is that... what a sweet mama's heart she has already (must be that good example she sees every day;))

tell her mrs. diane will be praying for her today!

Jennie said...

Aww, Diane, you are so kind. She does have a mama's heart. When she was very young she used to get all her siblings' winter clothes ready when they would go out to play. It was so cute. I think she is feeling better. Thank you. Jennie

Diane Shiffer said...

i'm so glad.. tell her i thought of her this morning♥

oh, and give her one of these too((hug))

Ganeida said...

That is sweet. [Followed Diane over] We have colds just now too but I think my lot are a bit bigger. No one is carrying a stuffed animal around anymore. :(