Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More cast iron friends...

I mentioned a few days ago about the cast iron Dutch oven that my parents found in their basement. I also have another great cast iron find to share with you. My 88 year old neighbor, Roger, is an Eagle Scout. Years before when he could he would camp out, and he had a camp Dutch oven. Two years ago when we had our community garage sale, he mentioned it to me. I told him I would take it. He wanted to give it to me, but I paid him $5 dollars for it. He wouldn't take a penny more. I did buy the gloves and the lifter new. Now all I need is a chimney to light my charcoal and I'll be set. I have yet to use this one.


These are the skillets that I cook in all the time. I also have a 12 inch that is not in the picture.

I have completely rid myself of all other types of fry pans. Everyone has learned to cook in these, but I am the only one who seems to know how to clean them.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I have my cast iron, which I have many pieces of. I also have the same dutch oven you show. We have never used it yet though. I only use my cast iron or the stainless steel...

Jennie said...

Mrs. Bee,

Thank you so much for stopping by. It is good to hear about your cast iron. Do tell if you use that Dutch oven. I used to cook with my son's scout troop. I used their DO, but I have never used this one.
Jennie

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you. I am really in want of more cast iron. I have a 10" fry pan. I use it for everything. I am needing new sauce pans and I saw at Lehmans they have 2 qts there. LOVE them!!

Tina Kay