Thursday, March 12, 2009

More bread...

I thought of all of you while I was shaping my bread dough this morning. I have gone through fits and spurts of making my own and then buying from the store. My preference would be to always have homemade bread. Sometimes my schedule gets so busy, and I can't. The recipe I used today is also from the More With Less Cookbook that I mentioned earlier in the week. This is the basic white bread recipe, but I do throw in whole wheat flour. I used to be more of a purist, but I was having trouble getting a good rise out of my whole wheat bread. So, I am experimenting. The last time I made this recipe I got very good sandwich bread. It was soft but not mushy, and it did not get hard over time in the pantry. It looks delicious. I will freeze three of the loaves and leave one out for tomorrow's lunch.




The rest of my day was spent at gym and swim with the children. We have been part of this program for about five years now. The children have a 45 minute gym class and a half hour swim class. My son is taking the life guarding class.

Supper is finished, and the kitchen clean up thank to the hard work of the children and I. Actually, it wasn't that hard. We had pasta bake, French bread and a salad. They were all very simple to make. We had some of that French bread that I made on Monday. It was very tasty. Tomorrow I think we will be baking peanut butter cookies. Brianna has had a passion for baking recently, so she mixed up the dough yesterday. The cookies will be baked after school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ruskin said...

I love the More with Less Cookbook. We have been using it for years now. Wonderful bread :-)