Monday, August 11, 2008

The Rain!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the rain gauge totals. It might be a little hard to see, but that is 2.5 inches in 24 hours.



Here is what it did to my garden.






The peppers and corn are under water.





Hopefully we won't have anymore rain for a long time and this will dry up very soon. We had flooding in the garden about 6 weeks ago, but this is worse. My corn and peppers had their growth stunted back in June. I don't know what we will harvest from the garden. Next year we will be able to build up the beds more, and they won't be as susptible to this. At least when it is too dry, I can irrigate. I can't do anything about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you don't live in Maine? We also have had so much rain flooding and roads being washed away..By the way I like your rain gauge just like mine.. Its 62 and getting ready for another thunderstorm.. My garden looks bad I'm loosing my green peppers and watermelon..
Sister Brenda/Haflinger

Cathy said...

Jennie,
Wow...you guys got so much rain. I'm sorry that it flooded your garden.
Your yard and garden are so pretty.
Have a blessed day my friend.
Love to you,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem, Jennie, way too much rain and the end is not in sight. My french beans gave up, although I did get to harvest quite a lot, but normally it would have been more.
I hope you have had the worst!

blessings, Ellen