Friday, April 17, 2009

Our busy day at home...yesterday...

Finally, we had a day at home. Natalie agreed to take a day off from the barn. She did watch some instructional horse training videos. Figures, right? Teasingly, I told her it was her classroom day. LOL!

I made crockpot sloppy Joe's for dinner, and then I put together the bread dough. Here is the finished bread.



Brianna always wants to make cookies, so she whipped these up using a cake mix. They are very good by the way.


While we were baking, I set to work planting tomato seeds. I have 20 peat pellets of sauce tomatoes, and 17 peat pellets of my very favorite slicing tomato, Trophy. A friend of mine had asked me to grow some seedlings for her. I am certainly not planting 37 tomato plants. Although I have done close to that before.


I thought you might like to look at the grow light set up I have in my basement. The lights are courtesy of my friend, Amy. She no longer needed them. I am thrilled to have them.


These are the celery seeds that I planted over a month ago.



And, these are the pepper plants that I planted last week from seeds I saved from last year. I realized one thing about saving seeds. I should also save the seed packets so I remember the planting instructions. I was thrilled to have them germinate.


It was a busy day, but we accomplished a lot.

No comments: