Friday, April 3, 2009

Menu Planning...

I have been using a monthly menu planner since December of 2005. I file them in my notebook when the month is finished. At first it was very hard to get going on a monthly plan, but now that I have old plans to refer back to it is easier.

To get going with a blank meal planner, I put in our "standard" meals. We have homemade pizza every Friday. So, I write that right on the meal planner. We also have tacos every other Tuesday. That goes right now the planner. Now it doesn't look so blank. The family seems to like having these meals that they can depend on each week. I like it, too. From there I just fill in using foods that I have already prepared, meats that I have already purchased, and so on.

I print my meal calendars from Crystal Miller's Family Homestead. She uses the cutest graphics.

Happy planning...

3 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

i have been looking for some meal planning sheets.. i am so pleased that you put up the link to the ones you use☺
thanks jennie!

Laurie said...

We do the same thing!!!
Love Crystal's menu calendars! She's the best. :)

It does make it easier to menu plan when you save them. Our menu changes with the seasons, so it helps to have last year's menu to look at...

Hope you're doing well...sure missing everyone!!!

Cathy said...

Hi Jennie,
It's been nice reading about your menu planning and grocery shopping.

I hope you all are doing well.

I love and miss ya,
Cathy