Thursday, April 16, 2009

At the barn...

Yesterday was Natalie's riding lesson. They are thrilled to be riding outside. It is so much better than the dusty arena. We are thankful for the arena in the winter, but riding outside is so much better. I was playing with the sports setting on my camera. In some of these pictures Natalie is actually cantering her horse, Serene. The shots came off very, very well. I am also including some updated pictures of the little filly, Autumn, who was born almost a month ago. She is not ours but belongs to another family who board their horses at the barn. She is in the round pen with her mom, Summer.











4 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

jennie.. those are lovely shots!

i really really wish i weren't afraid of horses *blush*


another subject entirely... are you by any chance a member of the site "raising Godly tomatoes?" i have been getting a fair bit of traffic from that site, and i'm wondering why! (enquiring minds and all that;))

Winona said...

Jennie, love the pictures. Natalie looks like she is having fun and the little colt is so cute. Winona

Jennie said...

Diane,

I have not been a member of that website. The membership was always closed when I tried, so I quite trying. I have no idea why they are coming from there. It is curious.

Suzanne said...

Hi Jennie,
My name is Suzanne Murphy and I am a very close friend of your friend, Heidi Clarke Mandelin! I live in Clarence NY with my hubby and 3 kids Isabel (9) and Mike and Jack (7, twins). My daughter Isabel is very much into horses, and I am considering homeschooling next year, so Heidi suggested I contact you. I would love the chance to talk briefly with you about the virtues (?) of horseback riding (and caring for horses) based on your experiences, as well as how you balance the kids' other interests and activities. I have been very blessed by your blog. Thank you for taking the time to share your life and ideas! Your commitment and faith are very inspiring to me.
Suzanne
SGMurphy17@aol.com