Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gamma Seal Lids...

After my first post about stocking the pantry, a dear visitor whose blog is Gullett Circus, stopped by and asked a question about gamma seal lids. She asked if I recommend this kind of lid. I must say that I wholeheartedly do recommend them. After years of struggling to remove the lids from my containers to refill sugar canisters or to access wheat berries, I found these lids. They are airtight yet easy for me to remove. I can even have my 12 year old daughter refill canisters.



The lids come in two pieces as shown below. The ring fits semi-permanently on the bucket, and the lid screws onto the ring. They are so easy to get on and off yet they keep food very well. I find them to be an investment that was well worth the money.



There are many online retailers that sell the gamma seal lids. I purchased mine from Bread Becker's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, Now I found you... lol thanks for finding me... and its ok that you are just now getting the message, I guess it means we can now follow one anothers adventures through Blogger...

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to find you!!! Great information on your blog!!
Thanks so much
Laura

Gullett Circus said...

Thank you so much! Looks like I'll be ordering myself some lids soon! I feel silly you devoted an entire post to my little question but I definetly appreciated the pictures my pantry and fingernails thank you, too!

germanjules said...

thanks for the post about gamma seals...it came up after a search for gamma seal and blog