Friday, January 30, 2009

Our week...

I was really feeling a nagging desire to blog today. I admittedly have not been on the computer as much this week. Mondays are always very busy for me. I hit the ground running with laundry. I wash all of our clothes on Monday. Well, I wash clothes for myself, Dave, Carolyn and Brianna. Jonathan and Natalie have their own wash days. Next have to make sure my school planning is finished and in order because the older two will be wanting their assignment sheets. These are actually extremely handy for me and them. If my memory serves me correctly, school took forever on Monday. Some days are like that. Natalie went to the barn to work. I came home and did a couple of things. Then I went back up to get her. After a supper of chicken corn chowder, I took Jonathan to youth group. A ladies bible study has just started at church. So, I attended that.

Tuesday was fine until mid morning when some intestinal distress hit and made the rest of my day awful. I did manage to get through grocery shopping in the afternoon, but Dave picked Natalie up from work. Then Natalie, Dave and Carolyn made pancakes for dinner. I slept.

On Wednesday we got about 9 inches of new snow. It was not too bad until the wind started blowing in the late afternoon. Then we started getting drifts, and it was kinds of nasty. I drove in it twice because my diehard horse girl had lessons. Carolyn has taken a break from lessons until the weather breaks. She is such a little thing, and she gets so cold even with warm clothes on. So, we will wait until April or so. I am sure she will let me know when she would like to go back.

Thursday was our gym and swim day, and now we are back at Friday again. I do not have a dinner plan as I am out of mozzarella cheese. I tried to get a big bag at Wegmans on Tuesday, but they were out of the big bags. I won't pay for the little bags, so we have no cheese for pizza. I am going to dig through my refigerator and make whatever is in there. Better to eat it than to waste it.

I hope to be back with some more winter pictures. We have had snow on the ground for over a month now. We did not get a January thaw. Well, it did get up to 40 last Friday, but that only melted a little.

No comments: