Saturday, September 27, 2008

Knox Farm Fiber Festival

Located southeast of my little town is the village of East Aurora. It is a quaint town in western New York. At the outskirts of the village lies Knox Farm State Park. This was formerly the Knox Estate until it was purchased by New York state in 2000. I grew up a few miles from the park and regularly drove by the beautiful stone walls as a young girl. Today, Natalie, Carolyn and I headed out to be part of the 2008 Fiber Festival. I had just learned about it last night at Carolyn's 4-H meeting.

Here is our afternoon in pictures.

You are now entering the Knox Farm State Park.



The sheep rest peacefully in the shade of a tree. They are lurking just behind the stone wall.



Many of the fiber vendors brought their animals with them.



Are you lookin' at ME?



What a cute face!



Quaint buildings surround the entrance area of the park. This is where the vendors displayed their goods.



The highlight of Natalie's afternoon was the border collie herding demonstration.



This is Dennis, border collie herder in training.





Dennis' herd and trainer...



Natalie making friends with Dennis after his demonstration.



Going home...
This is a gorgeous view of the Holland hills across the pastures at the park. If you look closely you might see the goat in the middle.

1 comment:

~JoAnn~ said...

Hi, I moved my blog over to blogger also from homesteadblogger. Nice to see you here. Come visit my blog sometime.Your tortillas look so good, I have always wanted to try and make some but always feel they won't turn out. I plan on giving your recepie a try next time I need some or maybe just try them and see if I can actually make them when I have some extra time. Do you know if they will freeze to use later??
Blessings,Joann